16.8.08

Long shot rough

ZAPOPATHIC: Breathing and Concentrating
  • too dark
  • not sure of the affect it has
  • missing light bulb
  • may add crowd
  • may add additional lights
  • velvet pillow needs work
+ textured, label
+ good atmosphere



LS rough from Arthur Dent on Vimeo.





*working on the light bulb, have to add another PASS, a BEAUTY PASS so that I can see whats going on, currently I have a DIFFUSE PASS so that I can render Ambient Occlusion and Composite the DIFFUSE, AMBIENT, & HIGHLIGHT PASSES together.

this is a bit thrown together from a post I saw on XSIbase, the gist of which (from what I gather)
is that you Composite a color PASS with an ambient occlusion PASS. I also determined, I'm not sure how, that there should be a SPECULAR PASS. I looked around in the preset PASS list and found that there was a HIGHLIGHT PASS, so I used that. These PASSES are set up using OVERRIDES to add or subtract (I think) material parameters. So in the case of the HIGHLIGHT PASS, the Diffuse and Ambient parameters of the materials are Muted.

*The lightbulb has issues in and of itself... the spiral shape doesn't lend itself to easy manipulation other than with PROPORTIONAL MODELING.

*some of the questions I am asking myself right now are, should I make a new BEAUTY PASS, so that I can get all of the illumination that I need? What should I do about the lightbulb socket? It doesn't look good right now.

*have to work on the velvet pillow

No comments: