4.8.08

Working on the walk cycle ( comments on Vimeo); there are a number of things that I did with this that are probably a waste of time although I guess I'm learning,

  • constrain the effector on the arm chain to a curve

I could have accomplished this just by normal animation, although
its very easy to cycle, and it mightlook better.

makes a bit of a mess in the scene

  • duplicate in symmetry the setup from the left side
This is just a pointless waste of features in this case.. in my opinion/ quick though

  • used a curve to generate the bone structure for the arm
This is also a waste of good features, although again it seems to work well

One thing that I found is that the constrain feature gets you into
trouble when trying to pose the skeleton with multiple
bones
  • rotated the upper body to accentuate the arm movement +

  • enveloped the "sleeves"/boot to the bone
this might have been accomplished better and I'm not sure how, maybe if I constrained the cluster "boot" to the root null

there are some problems with this envelope when it is tested under X-treme conditions: for instance the arm itself buckles with 40 degree bending, maybe I could use a bend modifier, don't know, have had difficulty with the bend modifier before













walk1 from Arthur Dent on Vimeo.

No comments: